Genetics Retreat NVHG graduate meeting
This annual meeting offers a unique and exclusive podium to PhD students to develop their presenting and debating skills in an informal but professional setting. It covers a broad range of scientific aspects, from genetic screens and variant discovery, to fundamental mechanistic exploration and experimental (epi)genetics.
The next meeting will be on 18 September 2024 in Amsterdam at the Tolhuistuin.
The 31st edition of the Genetics Retreat NVHG graduate meeting will take place on Wednesday 18 September 2024 in Amsterdam at the Tolhuistuin, as part of the NVHG's 75th anniversary.
We are honoured to have prof. dr. Jan Hoeijmakers as keynote speaker. We can accommodate about 12 abstracts for an oral presentation. So discuss presenting your work at the upcoming meeting with your supervisor. Deadline abstract submission is 15 May 2024, 12.00 PM.
Normally topics range from big data integration and fore-front analytical biostatistics to non-coding variants to artificial intelligence in predictive modeling. The meeting features well-known keynote addresses on contemporary societal and academic issues for young scientists. Since 2015 this event is organized under the auspices of the Dutch Association for Human Genetics, NVHG.
PhD candidates, (junior) postdocs, PI's, MD's (trainees) and all other scientists (including master students) from universities, clinical institutions and research centres in the Netherlands and neighbouring countries.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Develop your presenting and debating skills in an informal but professional setting and receive useful feedback.
- Receive updates on forefront research in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
- Be inspired by a top-notch speaker during the Joep Geraedts keynote lecture.
- Expand your professional network and discuss research projects among peers, with principal investigators and the keynote speaker.
- Awards for the three best oral graduate presentations. The best oral graduate presentation will also be invited by NVHG to give a presentation during the NVHG annual meeting. Registration for the NVHG meeting, hotel room and dinner are offered too.
The Genetics Retreat is an inspiring, safe and fun meeting to present your work, to get to know the field and to share experiences with fellow young scientists.
I’m having great memories in attending the Genetics Retreat meetings during my PhD (1993-1997). Always inspiring discussions after my lectures on 'genetics of hyperhomocysteinemia', that also continued in the bar of Rolduc.
Feedback on presentation performance was excellently organized and very useful.
All PhD talks were diverse and of high quality! Absolutely fantastic keynote lectures.