Genetics Retreat NVHG graduate meeting
This annual meeting offers a unique and exclusive podium to PhD students to develop their presenting and debating skills in an informal but professional setting. It covers a broad range of scientific aspects, from genetic screens and variant discovery, to fundamental mechanistic exploration and experimental (epi)genetics.
Normally topics range from big data integration and fore-front analytical biostatistics to non-coding variants to artificial intelligence in predictive modeling. The meeting will feature well-known keynote addresses on contemporary societal and academic issues and an insightful course in international granting opportunities for young scientists.
Since 2015 this event is organized under the auspices of the Dutch Association for Human Genetics, NVHG.
PhD students, (junior) postdocs, PI's, MD's (trainees) and all other scientists (including master students) from universities, clinical institutions and research centres in the Netherlands and neighboring countries.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
To stay informed about future meetings you may like to subscribe to the Genetics Retreat newsletter.
Looking back on a great 2022 meeting
On 21st and 22nd April 2022 the BeSHG/NVHG annual genetics symposium took place at the brand new Bruges Meeting & Convention Centre. This 2-day symposium was preceded on 20th April 2022 by the Genetics Retreat. The theme of the meeting was 'New advances and tools towards personalized medicine of genetic disorders'. A field of medical genetics that is evolving fast with emerging genomic technologies.
5 good reasons to attend
- Develop your presenting and debating skills in an informal but professional setting and receive useful feedback.
- Receive updates on forefront research in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
- Be inspired by a top-notch speaker during the NVHG-keynote lecture.
- Expand your professional network and discuss research projects among peers, with principal investigators and keynote speakers.
- Awards for the three best oral graduate presentations. The best oral graduate presentation will also be invited by NVHG to give a presentation during the NVHG annual meeting. Registration for the NVHG meeting, hotel room and dinner are offered too.
What participants say
All PhD talks were diverse and of high quality! Absolutely fantastic keynote lectures.
The organizing team gave the whole programme a personal touch - highly entertaining, yet professional and everyone stayed well-informed.
Feedback on presentation performance was excellently organized and very useful.