Genetics Retreat NVHG graduate meeting
This annual meeting offers a unique and exclusive podium to PhD students and covers a broad range of scientific aspects, from genetic screens and variant discovery, to fundamental mechanistic exploration and experimental (epi)genetics.
About the meeting
Topics range from big data integration and fore-front analytical biostatistics to non-coding variants to artificial intelligence in predictive modeling.
The meeting will feature well-known keynote addresses on contemporary societal and academic issues and an insightful course in international granting opportunities for young scientists.
To stay informed about future meetings you may like to subscribe to the newsletter.
PhD students, (junior) postdocs, PI's, MD's (trainees) and all other scientists (including master students) from universities, clinical institutions and research centres in the Netherlands and neighboring countries.
5 good reasons to attend
- Develop your presenting and debating skills in an informal but professional setting and receive useful feedback.
- Receive updates on forefront research in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
- Be inspired by a top-notch speaker during the NVHG-keynote lecture.
- Expand your professional network and discuss research projects among peers, with principal investigators and keynote speakers.
- Awards for the three best oral graduate presentations. The best oral graduate presentation will also be invited by NVHG to give a presentation during the NVHG annual meeting. Registration for the NVHG meeting, hotel room and dinner are offered too.
What participants say
All PhD talks were diverse and of high quality! Absolutely fantastic keynote lectures.
The organizing team gave the whole programme a personal touch - highly entertaining, yet professional and everyone stayed well-informed.
Feedback on presentation performance was excellently organized and very useful.